If you have a passion designing using 3D CAD (ideally SolidWorks) and experience as a team lead – we would love to hear from you!
We are an ambitious, forward-thinking and fast-growing organisation, continuously expanding our portfolio of technology projects. Whether it’s a critical health system, racking for the defence or marine industries, or interactive products for the entertainment sector, we are championing reliable, cost-effective solutions with determination and pace.
As the Mechanical Design Lead, you will work within our engineering team ensuring products meet customer and market requirements across a wide range of technologies and industries, and also be involved in the design of mechanical and electro-mechanical products for use in industries from medical and oil and gas to military and industrial applications.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Mechanical Design Lead or an ambitious Design Engineer looking to develop their career and skillset while expanding on their team leadership and management capabilities. Reporting to the Engineering Manager, you will have a real contribution to the design team in identifying, designing and developing products that meet specifications, look professionally engineered and that you can be justifiably proud of. You will be responsible for organising the mechanical design team and taking the lead role in complex projects. This will include deciding on best processes, materials and structural integrity from the concept stage onwards and being able to take a high-level view of the overall design and how the various different components including mechanical and electrical/electronic interact to provide an end solution. The nature of projects will vary greatly and involve electro-mechanical design, system integration and innovation based around computing solutions.
You will be a qualified mechanical design engineer with experience in designing and developing small to medium sized products within the computer, telecoms or marine industries or similar. Experience working within an SME is essential as is your natural ability in using computer aided design packages.
Required Experience & Skillset:
- At least ten years’ experience in mechanical designs made from predominately sheet metal fabrication within an electrical/electronic/electro-mechanical environment.
- Knowledge or experience with injection moulding designs would be beneficial.
- Experience as a design team leader/supervisor within a design environment.
- Experience designing using 3D CAD software.
- Experience of new product design, materials selection, modern manufacturing processes for small to medium size run rates.
- Experience of producing meaningful and accurate manufacturing drawings and assemblies.
- Understanding of revision and change control.
- Excellent communication skills with an ability to engage and easily build rapport with people.
- Organised and with excellent time management.
- Passionate, energetic and with a positive outlook.
- Process driven with logical, planned and structured methodology.
This position offers a competitive salary plus excellent scope for training and development and career progression, At Captec, we have a relaxed, friendly working environment plus a benefits package that includes:
- Flexitime: 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday. Core hours – 10am-4pm.
- Accrue time for up to six extra holiday days per year!
- Pension scheme – employer contributions increase with service.
- Bonus scheme.
- Salary sacrifice cycle to work scheme.
- Free onsite parking and electric car charging points.
- Free tea and coffee.
- Plenty of kitchen facilities.
- Social area with dartboard, pool table and foosball.
If you would like to find out more about this excellent opportunity, working for an employer where your efforts are appreciated, recognised and well rewarded, then please contact us with via HR@uk.captec-group.com a copy of your CV and a covering introductory letter.
We run a flexi-time system, a cycle to work scheme, free parking, and various other benefits as well as the opportunity to work in a dynamic, progressive and friendly work environment.
If you think you have what it takes for this role don’t waste another minute and get in touch with us.